MCUCSA is a volunteer organization. See below for more information on our leaders, members, and how you can get involved.
The executive board is tasked with running the business of the association, representing the association externally, carrying out the decisions of the general meeting, and reacting to changing situations. The general meeting gives a mandate to the executive board, elects board members and determines operational guidelines for the upcoming term – that is, the plan of action and the budget. For more information on each board position, click the position title below.
- Past President
- Director at Large - Liaison to Constitution Committee
- Director at Large - Liaison to Programming Committee
To view current executive board profiles, click here.
Committees are always open to new members! If you are interested in getting involved, please read the committee descriptions below and reach out to the chair for more information.
- Awards Committee: The Awards Committee is responsible for tracking the length of time a member has been in the organization and recognize them for their service at the appropriate years of service. The Committee also is responsible for soliciting the membership for recommendations for awards (Rookie Award/Distinguished Service Award/or other Special Recognition). These nominations are presented to the Executive Board for confirmation. The Committee has at least 3 members representing the Private Colleges, U of MN, and State system schools.
- Benchmarking and Research Committee: Assist Career Services professionals with benchmarking, career learning outcomes, program review, and the use of data for decision-making, strategic visioning, and visibility grounded in data (including Career Services contribution to institutional recruitment and retention).
- Constitution Committee: The committee’s charge is to facilitate the process of regularly reviewing the MCUCSA Constitution. The committee is responsible for developing and providing a structure to identify and evaluate possible updates and changes to the Constitution in collaboration with the MCUCSA membership and executive board.
- Diversity Committee: Raise awareness about the issues and concerns facing students of diverse backgrounds and abilities. Identify and provide opportunities to help members and MCUCSA’s general membership acquire and develop multicultural competencies. Address issues related to the lack of diversity in MCUCSA’s membership and the field of university career services/development.
- Government and Nonprofit Career Fair Committee: To plan and host the annual MCUCSA Government and Nonprofit Career Fair through which undergraduate and graduate students and alumni of MCUCSA colleges and universities connect with nonprofit agencies as well as city, county, state and federal employers.
- Membership and Communications Committee: The purpose of this committee is to focus on our internal constituents. This includes: welcome new members, connect members to each other, committees and encourage involvement and engagement in MCUCSA.
- Programming Committee: The main responsibility of the Programming Committee is to plan the programming activities for the fall, spring, and summer meetings. Our goal is that these programming activities will educate members on topics relevant to career services/career development and help strengthen the services we provide our key constituents (i.e., students, employers).
To view a current roster, click here.
To view year end committee reports, click here.